I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE ON TUMBLR NEED TO REMEMBER IT’S OKAY TO
- not be mentally ill
- have good grades
- to dislike reading
- have a happy family
- enjoy exercising/not enjoy exercising
- to have different opinion
- to reblog/not reblog certain posts
- to be a gay white boy
- to be a straight white boy
- to be a bisexual white girl
- (to be any race/gender/sexual orientation)
- to not like porn
- to not ship destiel
- to not be in a fandom
- to be in a happy relationship
That’s a lot of notes. Let’s all date each other. Everyone get into groups of two.
Let’s do the math then.
with 841,518 reblogs that would be 420,279 couples.
cAN I GET MINE IN PINK PLS
everytime I see this post it has an even amount of notes, I guess I’m just doomed to be alone forever
This post broke 100,000,000!?!?
1) you are worth more than a galaxy. far more. god breathed out stars, whirling balls in lightyeared gas, shattering the skies in multitudes and size and glory. reflex. reflexive motion with no thought put into them — yet they exist as such and he calls them by name and cults have worshiped them. god formed you, wonderfully and fearfully and with awe and wonder and love. you are worth more than a galaxy.
2) you are not your failures or mistakes or bad days or terrible *insert thought of the day here*. you are days full of sunshine and laughter and nights counting stars and times you held someone’s hand and smiled at them and the first time you lost a tooth and thought you’d never grow it back and stupid puns that made you groan and laugh simultaneously and people who passed you at the store and thought of you all day and moonlight dances you thought no one saw and lovely dreams that make you wake up smiling and a pulsing, beating heart full of possibility. you are more.
3) no one has ever thought it worth it. i look at the stripes on my legs or my arm and while i feel a kinship, some solidarity… i feel so sad. i feel so sad that i continuously think myself worthless and shameful when i am not. your awful feelings and the way you’re torturing yourself internally are /not/ worth bodily harm.
4) stop yourself for five minutes. breathe. another five minutes. listen to a song. another five minutes. color something in crayon. another five minutes. write a poem. another five minutes. go outside. there are things that will make you feel more yourself — keep yourself together for five minutes at a time. and then ten. and then twenty. and then an hour. and a day. and you will make it, lovely one, you will make it.
5) there is a god whose love sent a world spinning the cosmos and whose grace found you still in your sin and whose sacrifice ripped time and space apart to allow him skin for the blood letting of love and this god chases you and calls you and woos you and counts you most precious among his creations and most beautiful among his possessions and beyond all else all he wants is for you to love him back and he will never ever ever give up on you. he loves you. i love you. you are beautiful, lovely, glorious, and perfect.